Our partnership is part of Adecco Group Foundation’s Win4Youth programme, which aims to increase youth employability by organising sport challenges. Every minute of sports activity completed translates into funding for Plan International, supporting our vital work to improve young people’s lives, education and employment prospects.
Our main objective is to enhance pre-employment competencies; to succeed in the job market, youth need social, emotional and life skills as well as information.
Together, our vision is to support and empower disadvantaged young people to develop the skills and confidence to enter the world of work, regardless of their background. We want to advance the rights of these children and young people by enabling them to have equal opportunities to enter the job market.
Our partnership will incorporate the following activities in a selected project:
- are involved in technical vocational training
- enhance professional skills and life skill
- are provided with internship and job opportunities after graduation
- are introduced to quality employment opportunities through job placement and entrepreneurship development
- are supported to set up and maintain a business
- are given small business opportunities and are successfully trained in entrepreneurial skills as well as supported to start their business activities.
As part of the partnership, government agencies and local authorities and employers will increase awareness and capacity on providing decent work for disadvantaged youth.
To find out more about our partnership with Adecco, please contact Suba Umathevan, Head of Major Partnerships, Plan International Switzerland. [email protected]