How youth groups can claim power digitally during COVID-19
COVID-19 has smashed the status quo: young people must now raise their voices in digital decision-making spaces.
- Grace HuntCampaigns Assistant
How girls are taking the lead during COVID-19
The world has been turned upside down by the COVID-19 crisis but in these unprecedented times, we have once again been shown who runs the world… girls!
- Khadijah TurnerCampaign Officer
Education Under Attack – Sahel girls need action on safe schools
Girls in the Sahel region value education, but lack of action towards safe schools in conflict areas is leading to devastating, life-altering impacts for a generation of students.
- Daouda DiarraEducation in Emergencies Specialist
COVID-19: How cash transfers can save lives and livelihoods
Protecting livelihoods can save lives during COVID-19 response, blogs Cash Based Programme in Emergencies Specialist Syed Mohammed Aftab Alam.
COVID-19 and beyond: a new approach for girls in crisis
Recommendations from consultations with girls and women who are refugees or internally displaced, on preventing the longer-term consequences of COVID-19.
- Lotte ClaessensTechnical Advisor - Adolescents in Emergencies, Plan International Sweden
Refugee and displaced girls have hope despite COVID-19
Action for refugee and displaced girls must involve consulting them on both issues and solutions. A blog by Sharon Chikanya and Richard Sandison of the Centre of Excellence: Girls in Displaced Settings.
- Sharon Chikanya and Richard SandisonPlan International Centre of Excellence for Girls in Displaced Settings.
We must protect girls and women from the lasting economic impacts of COVID-19
We rely on women during crises. Their commitment must be seen and rewarded, blogs Maria McLaughlin, Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor for Economic Empowerment.
- Maria McLaughlinSenior Policy and Advocacy Advisor for Economic Empowerment
Time for Change: COVID-19, Connectivity and Equality
As societies go into lockdown, girls and women are more vulnerable than ever to damaging exclusion. Connectivity is a right and a vital lifeline for millions.
- Phumzile Mlambo-NgcukaExecutive Director of UN Women
Keeping young children on the agenda during COVID-19
We must support young children and parents throughout COVID-19 for communities to thrive in the difficult years to come, explains Programme Manager, Viktor Kjeldgaard Grønne of Plan BØRNEfonden Denmark.
- Viktor Kjeldgaard GrønneProgramme Manager, Plan BØRNEfonden Denmark.
- 1 of 28