Plan International is committed to advancing children's rights and equality for girls in developing countries. We recognise our duty to be as effective and efficient as possible and to be accountable to all our stakeholders.
Plan International has been named one of the top performers in the One World Trust annual global accountability report.
Our commitment to accountability:
- Plan International is a signatory of the International Non-Governmental Organisations Commitment to Accountability (INGO) charter, which outlines our common commitment to excellence, transparency and accountability. As one of our commitments to the INGO Accountability Charter, we have published at the bottom of this page our most recent Report and Feedback.
- The management and operations of Plan International’s central organisation have been independently assessed by the International Committee on Fundraising Organisations (ICFO), and found to be in compliance with ICFO standards.
- Plan International adheres to the Sphere Project’s Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Response.
- Plan International is a member of People in Aid – a global network of development and humanitarian assistance agencies which promotes good practice in the management and support of aid personnel.
- Plan International is a member of the International Council of Voluntary Agencies (ICVA) - a global network that brings together human rights, humanitarian and development non-governmental organisations as an advocacy alliance for humanitarian action.
- Plan International is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief, and has agreed to comply with the 10 principles of the Code.
- Plan International is an affiliate member of the Institute of Risk Management and is bound by its Code of Conduct.
- Plan International has been assessed by the One World Trust, and was ranked in the top 3 non-governmental organisations for good accountability practices. The One World Trust will regularly include Plan International in its rolling programme of assessments.
- Plan International has consultative status with Unicef (United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund), and Unesco (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation).