What we do
Our strategy over the next 5 years seeks to achieve a paradigm shift to one that generates significant improvements in the realization of the rights of girls, boys and adolescents through 4 core programs:
- My First Steps: We work so that children develop in protective and inclusive environments by strengthening the capacity of families and educators in communities in educational behaviors and practices, comprehensive care and gender-sensitive shared parenting.
- Comprehensive Improvement of Rural Families Model
- Capacity building to educators and teachers
- Community spaces for early learning
- Inclusion and non-discrimination approach for children with disabilities
- Health in Early Childhood
- Early childhood governance and advocacy
- Research and care models for early childhood
- My Happy Development: A Honduras with children 7 to 14 acquiring personal and social assets that facilitate their access to education, particularly to continue their third basic education cycle, as education communities improve their protection and inclusive education practices and behaviors.
- Training process to families
- Technical and financial support to organize and activate child networks
- Coordination with the State
- Education on risk and emergency management to the education community
- Mentoring in advocacy processes
- Deciding my Future: Youth 15 to 24, living in poverty or extreme poverty, develop practical and social skills for independent living and to transition to adulthood in terms of employability, sexual rights and reproductive rights, in protective environments that respect their social value and position.
- Knowledge development and management
- Building State capacity
- Capacity building and empowerment to children and youth
- Processes to change perceptions, attitudes and practices in families and communities regarding sexual and reproductive rights of children.
- Strategic partnerships and alliances
- Governance and advocacy: Civil society ensures the fulfillment of child and youth rights because its capacity to respond to public policies and investment has been strengthened, improving its capacity for advocacy aimed at connecting to and participating in decision-making processes to the guarantor (municipal, national and regional).
- Organizing and training
- Community/Municipal/National coordination/articulation
- Sub-regional advocacy