Youth Employment and Enterprise Programme Evaluation 2018-2022
Learning Brief of Global SOYEE Meta-Evaluation (2018-2022)
This learning brief summarises some key findings of the global meta-evaluation of Plan International’s Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE) programming, based on the analysis of 90 evaluations conducted 2018-2022.
The learning brief presents the findings on effectiveness, gender transformation and sustainability of SOYEE by outlining the key outcomes and factors that contributed to a positive change, as well as illustrative case studies (e.g., Uganda, Nepal, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Togo).
This document also includes the recommendations from the meta-evaluation, which along with the findings, are intended to inform the ongoing work of Plan International’s Global SOYEE Network to ensure that vulnerable and excluded young people, especially young women, are resilient and actively engaged in decent work of their choosing.
This learning brief comprises the following sections:
- Plan International’s Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Meta-Evaluation objectives and methodology
- To what extent did SOYEE projects enhance employment and entrepreneurship skills, opportunities, and outcomes of young people?
- To what extent did SOYEE projects integrate gender transformative approaches?
- To what extent did SOYEE projects support the sustainability of the youth outcomes?
- What were the recommendations for Plan International?
Download the learning brief:
GLO-Learning_Brief_of_Global_SOYEE_MetaEvaluation_2018-2022 – English