COP28 Policy and Advocacy Brief
Research from Plan International demonstrates the wide-ranging effects climate change has on communities with the disproportionate effect on adolescent girls.
Despite significant evidence highlighting the catastrophic impacts of climate change and a range of international processes and efforts to address it, global action on climate change remains insufficient in the face of the scale of the crisis.
This policy brief sets out Plan International’s calls to action for parties at COP28:
1. Ensure climate policy and action upholds children’s rights, recognising the disproportionate impact of the climate crisis on children and girls in particular.
2. Support and resource girls’ leadership in climate action and policy processes.
3. Increase climate finance that is gender responsive and accessible to girls and young women.
4. Embed children’s rights in loss and damage finance governance and decision-making processes.
5. Invest in and implement climate resilient and gender transformative climate education and health systems.
COP28 Policy & Advocacy Brief
COP28 Policy & advocacy Key messages