Peruvian activist Nuria shares her top tips on how to grow your self-confidence.
Self-confidence and belief in your own abilities is, sometimes, the hardest thing to achieve.
When Peruvian youth activist Nuria was in primary school she was chosen as a student leader. Her teachers didn’t believe that she would be able to perform the role because a girl had never done it before. But Nuria took on the position of power and proved all her teachers wrong.
Now, she is here to share her top tips on growing your self-confidence so you can change the world.
Nuria’s top tips for confidence
- Believe in yourself: Sometimes your internal saboteur can tell you that you can’t make change happen. Face your fears and believe in yourself. You can create change when you start believing in yourself.
- Believe in your abilities: Be true to yourself and don’t let others influence you by telling you that you can’t accomplish your goals. You are the only one who knows what you are truly capable of achieving.
- Speak up: Don’t stay quiet! Fight for what you believe in
- Find a mentor: A mentor will inspire you to do positive things and will keep you focused on what you want to achieve. Your mentor could be a leader in your community or even a family member.
- Be the change: If you want to influence the actions and opinions of others you have to set an example and be the change that you want to see happen.