Learn Without Fear: The campaign to stop violence in schools. Third progress report
Plan International's Learn Without Fear campaign to end violence in schools has seen great positive gains for children worldwide. It has led to changes in laws and official policies, helped create safer schools and communities, and improved awareness of the issues among children and their parents.
Worldwide achievements so far include:
- there are new laws and policies to protect over 485 million school children from violence
- nearly 53,000 teachers have been trained in non-violent teaching methods
- over 30,000 schools are directly involved in the campaign
- Plan International is working with teachers’ unions in 20 countries, where they play a key role in spreading campaign messages
- 311,501 people have attended awareness-raising in the aims of the campaign, helping to change beliefs and attitudes about violence towards children.