To be a youth activist and run a successful campaign you must be a good leader.
Angie from Ecuador is a leader in her community. In this video she gives her top tips on how to be an effective leader.
Angie's top tips on how to be a leader in your community
- Know your community: Know the problems that are affecting your community so that you can formulate a plan for creating change.
- Seek allies: Seek out people who can help you make the changes you want to see.
- Trust yourself: Know who you are and trust in your abilities to create positive change.
- Break stereotypes: Don’t let the way people may perceive you and your cause stop you from campaigning for what’s right.
- Meet people: Have frequent meetings with decision makers in your community so that you can track the changes happening.
- Always be positive: Despite any drawbacks that you might face remain positive. Know that you are trying to create positive change in your community and remain optimistic about what you can achieve.
- Believe in change: Together we can make change happen. You need to believe in yourself and the positive changes that can be made when allies work together.