- Provision of TESSA. TESSA is made available by Plan International at its sole discretion; Plan International reserves the right to end, or limit, availability of TESSA at any time, with or without notice, for any reason, and without liability.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to use TESSA. By using TESSA, you represent and warrant that you are not below the age of 18 years old.
- Residence. You must be located in the Philippines in order to access TESSA. By using TESSA, you represent and warrant that you currently reside in the Philippines.
- Registration. In order to use TESSA, you must have a legitimate Facebook and Facebook messenger account. By connecting your Facebook account to TESSA, you represent and warrant that it is your legitimate account. You are responsible for compliance with Facebook’s terms and conditions of use.
When you add TESSA as friend from your Facebook messenger, your account automatically connects to TESSA. You must ensure that the registration details you provide are correct and complete. If there are any changes to the information you provided on registration, you undertake to immediately edit or update it to reflect such changes.
It is your obligation to safeguard the confidentiality of your password used for Facebook registration. You must not share your password with other persons. In case you believe or suspect that your account’s security has been compromised, you should immediately notify us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees and Taxes. You are responsible for all carrier data plans, Internet fees, and other fees and taxes associated with the use of TESSA.
- Legal and Acceptable Use. You agree to use TESSA only for your own personal use, only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of Plan International or any third party (including without limitation any Plan International sponsor or sponsored child) or the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
TESSA is a tool for inputting, storing, organizing and presenting information about you which you may use in order to apply for job, training, volunteer or other opportunities; you agree that you (not TESSA or Plan International) are responsible for ensuring the accuracy and truth of any information which you input into TESSA, and you are also responsible for your use of TESSA and the CV or information it generates.
In particular, but without limitation, you are responsible for:
⦁ your use of TESSA and any CV or information generated or provided by TESSA;
⦁ checking that the CV or information provided by TESSA is entirely accurate and accurately reflects you, your experience, skills and history to the recipient of that CV or information, and for amending any inaccuracies;
⦁ ensuring that the CV or information provided by TESSA does not misrepresent you to a prospective employer or training or voluntary opportunity provider, or anyone else to whom you provide the CV or information;
⦁ assessing the appropriateness of any opportunities advertised to you by TESSA, and whether to apply for them and for your safety and security when applying, providing information and attending interviews;
⦁ your use of any third party website that you link to from TESSA;
⦁ any training, job or other applications which you make using the CV or information generated by TESSA;
⦁ any claims by third parties made against you or Plan International arising from information which you provided to them using the CV or other information generated by TESSA;
⦁ the costs or expenses you incur as a result of using the CV or other information generated by TESSA or in applying for any position using the CV or information generated by TESSA.
For the avoidance of doubt, Plan International is not responsible for any consequences of using TESSA, any websites linked from TESSA, the CV or information generated by it.
You agree that in using TESSA you will not engage in any conversation, upload or post any user content which includes material that:
⦁ is offensive, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, or obscene;
⦁ is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including but not limited to violations of privacy rights, or proprietary rights of TESSA or a third party;
⦁ includes any other person’s personal data;
⦁ solicits account details or personally identifiable information from other users;
⦁ is intended to or does harass or bully others;
⦁ impersonates or misrepresents your affiliation with another user, person, or entity, or is otherwise fraudulent, false, deceptive, or misleading.
- Liability. Except for death or personal injury arising through our negligence, Plan International shall in no event be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages, whatsoever arising from or in connection with the use or loss of use of TESSA, or any content on or generated by TESSA.
Plan International is also not liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages due to accessing any other website linked in TESSA. Plan International does not endorse, guarantee or verify any website that may be hyperlinked in TESSA.
You undertake sole responsibility for the information that you upload on TESSA. By using TESSA, you shall indemnify and hold harmless Plan International and TESSA from any and all claims arising from arising from your use of TESSA or your breach of this Terms of Service.
- Intellectual Property. TESSA is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws. You do not have the right to use TESSA’s name, logos or domain names. Your use of TESSA does not transfer any intellectual property rights to you and, as between you and Plan International, all rights to TESSA remain the exclusive property of Plan International. By using TESSA and entering information into TESSA you grant Plan International and the third party providers used by Plan International to provide TESSA, license to use any intellectual property in or generated by that information including, without limitation, a license to create, amend and store the CV developed by TESSA as a result of the information you input into TESSA.
- Changes to our Services. Plan International can change TESSA and/or these Terms of Service at any time by sending you a message or by announcement. If you do not accept the changes then you should cease using TESSA. Your continued use of this site after being notified of such changes constitutes acceptance of the modified terms. The use of any new features or services implemented on TESSA after your registration shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
- Disclaimer. Plan International does not guarantee that TESSA will be free from error or uninterrupted, that the site or the server that makes it available to you are free of viruses or bugs or is secure, that defects will be corrected, or that the content on the site is accurate or complete.
Plan International does not vet or screen information provided to it by you or any third party via TESSA including, without limitation, not vetting or screening any third party websites which link from TESSA, any job advertisements which may be found by or on TESSA, or any opportunity providers, and not checking the accuracy of any information entered into or supplied by TESSA.
Accordingly, nothing on TESSA will be considered as Plan International’s endorsement, certification, representation, or warranty of job advertisements therein. Plan International is not responsible for the availability, quality, safety, or legality of the job advertisements. Plan International is also not responsible for the ability or capacity of the job applicant to fill the jobs advertised.
Please exercise caution in dealing and communicating with other users, job or opportunity providers, as there are always risks in dealing with strangers on the internet. You are responsible for your own safety and security when meeting with prospective employers for interview and the like.
- Confidentiality. Any communication or material that you post on any public area of this site will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary information unless otherwise stated by Plan International.
- Governing law and jurisdiction. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Philippines. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Philippines.
- Product. You have the right to retain and download copy of your resume document created by TESSA.
- Termination. Your Facebook account will be registered in TESSA once you use it. You can terminate your account with TESSA at any point by going to “Settings” and choosing to delete your data. If you do this, then you will no longer be able to use TESSA.
If you do not accept these Terms of Service in full, you must stop using TESSA immediately.
We reserve the right to prevent you accessing TESSA, either by suspending or terminating your account, without prejudice to any of our other rights, if we consider that you have contravened any of these Terms of Service.
In the event that either you terminate your account or we suspend or terminate your account due to breach of these Terms of Service, all the other provisions of these Terms of Service which by their nature survive termination of your account shall stay in force and effect, including, but not limited to, ownership provisions, representations and warranties, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Last updated October 2018