We have been committed to improving the lives of children in the region since 1948.
We advance children’s rights and equality for girls in Asia by working with children, families, communities, partners, government agencies, other NGOs and the private sector.
Through strong partnerships, we support children, especially girls, to learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Our key areas of work include:
- Promoting free and equal access to quality education for all children
- Ensuring young people have economic security, access to employment and can make lasting impacts in their communities
- Supporting youth-led youth movements and seeking ways to enable children to understand and defend their rights
- Working with communities, schools and governments to protect children from violence, including from child marriage
- Ensuring girls’ and young women realise their rights to reproductive health and have control over their lives and bodies
- Supporting parents to give their children a healthy start in life and the vital care they need
- Responding to emergencies across the region.
Youth call for inclusion to help drive growth in Asia
The Asian Youth Forum, co-led by Plan International and the Asian Development Bank, brought more than 160 youth together to meet with experts and propose youth-led solutions to drive prosperity and growth in the region.