We have been committed to improving the lives of children in the region since 1948.
We advance children’s rights and equality for girls in Asia by working with children, families, communities, partners, government agencies, other NGOs and the private sector.
Through strong partnerships, we support children, especially girls, to learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Our key areas of work include:
- Promoting free and equal access to quality education for all children
- Ensuring young people have economic security, access to employment and can make lasting impacts in their communities
- Supporting youth-led youth movements and seeking ways to enable children to understand and defend their rights
- Working with communities, schools and governments to protect children from violence, including from child marriage
- Ensuring girls’ and young women realise their rights to reproductive health and have control over their lives and bodies
- Supporting parents to give their children a healthy start in life and the vital care they need
- Responding to emergencies across the region.
150 million girls are at risk of child marriage by 2030: The Time to Act is now
New study sounds an alarm, urges swift action in South and South-East Asia.