Plan International has been working in Togo since 1988. We partner with government agencies, national and international organisations, communities and children to create a society that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Through our programmes and influencing work, we address the cultural and social beliefs, practices and attitudes that deny vulnerable children their rights. We also support children and their communities to be drivers of positive change.
Our main areas of work are:
- Safe, inclusive, quality education.
- Skills and opportunities for youth employment and entrepreneurship.
- Children and young people as active drivers of change.
- Sexual and reproductive health rights for girls and young women.
- Early childhood development.
- Protection from violence for children, especially vulnerable girls.
New skills give trafficked Cinderellas a better future
These stories show how girls trafficked into domestic labour are receiving training so they can change their lives thanks to a Plan International programme.
Merger increases impact for children in West Africa
In West Africa, Plan International is going through a period of transformation as we are merging with BØRNEfonden in Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali and Togo to become stronger together and increase our impact for vulnerable children in the region.