Plan International works in Ethiopia alongside children, their families and communities to promote children’s rights and equality for girls.
We implement programmes in the regions of Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples’ (SNNP) and Gambella, and in the city of Addis Ababa.
All of our work focusses on the specific needs of girls and children with disabilities.
Our key areas of work include:
- Improving early childhood care
- Providing education for all children
- Keeping children safe from violence
- Supporting communities to be prepared for emergencies
- Responding to the influx of refugees.
Girls’ education is crucial in drought-hit Ethiopia
In the face of the worst drought Ethiopia has faced in 30 years, girls’ education needs more support than ever, blogs Plan International’s Zeynep M. Sanduvac.