Plan International has been working in Bolivia for over 50 years to promote children’s rights and equality for girls.
Our work focuses on supporting children and young people to live free from poverty, violence and injustice. To achieve that, we work with a number of different partners as well as children, young people and their communities.
The rights of children and young people in Bolivia are central to all our work and we strive to be innovative and strengthen intercultural relations across the country.
Our main priorities are:
- Early childhood development
- Quality education
- Increasing children’s leadership in society
- Sexual and reproductive health rights
- The prevention of all forms of violence
- The development of knowledge and skills to obtain good jobs.
Giving Bolivia’s children a healthy start in life
Thousands of children in Bolivia are getting a healthy start in life as a result of Plan International's early childhood development programmes, which have been scaled up to reach 557 communities across the country.