Plan International works in Ethiopia alongside children, their families and communities to promote children’s rights and equality for girls.
We implement programmes in the regions of Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples’ (SNNP) and Gambella, and in the city of Addis Ababa.
All of our work focusses on the specific needs of girls and children with disabilities.
Our key areas of work include:
- Improving early childhood care
- Providing education for all children
- Keeping children safe from violence
- Supporting communities to be prepared for emergencies
- Responding to the influx of refugees.
No food, no sleep for children in northern Ethiopia
Addressing the hunger crisis in northern Ethiopia should be a priority, says Dr Unni Krishnan, Global Humanitarian Director at girls’ rights organisation Plan International.