Plan International are inviting interested parties to supply quotations (Request for Quotation) for the provision of an IDG 2018 Summit Event Coordinator.
Global Girls Summit IDG 2018
On International Day of the Girl (IDG), Plan International supports hundreds of girls to takeover positions of power in over 70 countries. In 2017, Plan International facilitated takeovers with major influencers from the President of Guinea, to the Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. 2017 also saw Plan International launch the ‘Global Girls Summit’ - a new annual flagship initiative aimed at increasing investment and wider action in girls’ leadership and activism.
Purpose and scope
Working with the Head of Global Campaigns/Global Campaigns Project Manager, Campaigns team and wider Global Influencing and Partnership (GIP) colleagues, the IDG event coordinator will support the work to deliver Plan International’s annual global girls rights summit in October 2018.
The event coordinator will support the project starting in April/ May 2018 – 30 October 2018. Due to the time sensitive nature of this project, the following timeline must be kept:
Deliverables & Deadlines
Develop the global girl’s summit event plan in collaboration with the Global Campaigns Project Manager, Global Campaigns team and GIP colleagues. - June 2018
Work with the Global Campaigns Project Manager and Campaign Administrative to update on progress against planned deliverables, budget monitoring (planned vs actual expenditure) and ensuring contracts, invoicing, etc are produced in line with Plan International procedures. - October 2018
Manage the relationship with key Plan International offices on all operational delivery aspects of the event. - October 2018
Identify and engage key event suppliers, liaising with Procurement and Finance to ensure compliance with relevant processes and procedures. - October 2018
Co-facilitate event planning team meetings and event progress review updates. - October 2018
Organize event venue facilities and all associated planning and deliver decor, catering, entertainment, equipment, AV, promotional material etc. This includes working with the communications team to develop and order brand assets e.g. tote bags, t-shirts, pop-up banners. - September 2018
Work in collaboration with the Youth Advocacy and Activism Advisor on the youth delegation participation in the IDG 2018 summit. - September 2018
Work in collaboration with the Global Girls Rights Campaign External Engagement Consultant on audience engagement and managing VIP and key influencer requirements for participation in the IDG 2018 summit. - September 2018
Manage the global girl’s summit event set-up, operational aspects and associated side events. - October 2018
Develop the detailed run of show for the IDG Global Girls summit and stage manage the event itself, coordinating all staff and volunteers. - October 2018
Manage the development of the post event evaluation report / learning review. - October 2018
Key Selection Criteria
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in delivering global events is essential; from design, developing event plans, logistics, vendor and supplier management, onsite operational implementation to post-event analysis
- Experience in engaging stakeholders at multiple levels, including external institutions, partners, key influencers as well as communicating with internal stakeholders
- Experience of working on development and gender equality within an NGO, a UN agency, a government department, or other relevant institutions
- Experience of working with young people is beneficial.
- Knowledge of activism, research and/or advocacy, linked to girls rights
- Fluency in English, and strong language skills in French essential. Knowledge of other languages is beneficial
- Candidates with a strong network in Brussels and familiarity with the city will be at an advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (essential)
- Project and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple demands, meet tight deadlines and plan effectively (essential)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (essential)
- Proactive and creative thinker
- Budgeting, negotiation and supplier management skills
- Skilled and confident user of office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Open, honest, transparent, and accountable
- Team player; works effectively with others both inside and outside the organisation
- Flexible, adaptable and able to take initiatives, changing ways of working when needed, and reacting to changing circumstances and priorities positively and proactively
- Consultative and collaborative approach
- Self- motivated and independent
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit the following documents via email to Procurement@plan-international.org using the reference 'FY18-067 - IDG 2018 Summit Event Coordinator' in the Subject line:
- Covering Letter
- Proposal (Availability and Daily/Monthly rate in Euros)
Offers must be received before 5pm on 22nd March 2018.
Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered
Pricing for services should state whether they are fixed or non-fixed.