In 1995, Plan International started operating in China and in 2017 we registered as Plan International Inc. Shaanxi Representative Office to continue working for and with children in China to transform their lives and development. As of June 2020, we have invested RMB 785 million accumulatively in China.
Currently, we implement programmes in many provinces, cities and autonomous regions including Shaanxi, Ningxia, Yunnan, Anhui, Sichuan, Qinghai, Hunan, Beijing and Jiangxi. In these programme areas we work in a variety of fields, including child protection, learning, early childhood development, youth employment solutions, and promoting gender equality.
Our key activities include:
- Ensuring rural children have a healthy start to their lives and are able to make the most of a quality pre-school education.
- Preventing violence and bullying by supporting children and stakeholders to build safe schools and communities.
- Preparing adolescents for adulthood by supporting them to gain life and financial skills and helping migrant women to get good jobs.
- Improving the quality of education and expand the interests of girls by delivering inclusive educational activities.
- Raising awareness of the benefits of gender equality.
- Supporting rural children to integrate into society.
Plan International China Annual Review FY2020
The annual report sets out our project progress in China between July 2019 and June 2020, which not only cover our progress on child protection, education, early development and youth employment preparation, but also highlights our response against COVID-19.