Plan International started working in China in 1995 to improve the lives of the most vulnerable children.
Currently, we implement programmes in many provinces, cities and autonomous regions including Shaanxi, Ningxia, Yunnan, Anhui, Sichuan, Qinghai, Hunan, Beijing and Jiangxi.
Last year we worked with 38 partners in 138 communities and directly impacted the lives of over 117,000 children.
Our key areas of work include:
- Ensuring the most vulnerable children have a healthy start to their lives and are able to make the most of a quality pre-school education.
- Preventing violence by supporting children and stakeholders to build safe schools and communities.
- Preparing adolescents for adulthood by supporting them to gain life and financial skills and helping migrant women to get good jobs.
- Preparing children and their communities for natural disasters.
- Raising awareness of the benefits of gender equality.
- Supporting rural children to integrate into society.
"My hard work will build a better future for me"
"I want to make my life better, with my hardworking hands. I have been working for the past ten years to achieve my goal," explains Junli, who enrolled in a training course in childcare provided by Plan International.
Their Time Is Now: Eliminating Child, Early and Forced Marriage
This is the first phase into an extensive research on Child, Early and Forced Marriage (CEFM) in Asia. It provides a snapshot of CEFM in Asia, consolidates and analyses evidence over the past 15 years and outlines actions that must be taken.