Children’s Climate Cards
The Children’s Climate Cards provide a series of fun, interactive activities to engage children on the climate change agenda and inspire a global children’s call for climate action now.
Each card has a fun climate craft mission where you can learn what climate change is, discover the global and local impacts, and get inspired by climate action stories. The goal is to inspire a call for climate action from children in every country in the world to hold decision makers accountable to children’s voices.
The cards are for children in any country aged 7-12 years. They can be used at home, at school, at children’s clubs and in migration centres and camps. Each card takes 30-60 minutes. It is suggested to complete 1 card per day over 2 weeks. If the cards are used in specific lessons, or sessions, they can also be used over a longer time period.
Keen to engage children aged 7-12 in climate action?
- Watch the Children’s Climate Cards video (above) and get inspired
- Download (below) the Children’s Climate Cards and share with children aged 7-12 years
- Complete the climate card missions at home, schools, migration camps & centres
- Raise your voice! Share your ‘Children’s Call for Climate Action Now’ where you live, and globally and we’ll add it to the interactive world map
- Check the interactive world map to see children’s calls for climate action across the world
Click below to download the climate cards
The Children’s Climate Cards were developed by the Children in a Changing Climate Coalition (Plan International, ChildFund Alliance, Save the Children, UNICEF and World Vision), in partnership with Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre, Global Disaster Preparedness Centre, IFRC, British Red Cross and the UK Met Office.
Emergencies, Climate change