Plan International Inc. began operations in Bolivia La Paz, on September 2, 1969. Then it opened Field Offices in Sucre (1978), Santa Cruz (1989) and Tarija (1991).
In 1996, Plan established the Country Office to create cycles of Strategic Planning and programs to aid children, adolescents and women of municipalities and rural communities.
What are our principles and values?
- Always act according to the best interests of children.
- Respecting the Rights of the Child and all Human Rights.
- Be ethical, honest and transparent.
- To empower children and the most marginalized communities, as well as the staff involved with the organization.
- Recognize teamwork and partnership.
- Being responsible for effectiveness, sustainability and efficiency in the institution.
- Be accountable to all our partners and allies.
- Learn and continuously improve.
Holding their school to account through radio
A group of children of Ravelo, a remote village in Bolivia, decided to unite and become school reporters.