Position: Research Associate
Assignment duration: Initially 6 Months (possibility of extension on satisfactory performance)
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2016, 5:00 PM
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duty station: Yangon, with frequent project sites visit (around 30% travel)
As a part of its global BRACED Programme, DFID has awarded a three year grant (2015‐2017) to implement the BRACED programme in Myanmar to an alliance led by the Plan International. Under this programme, the BRACED Myanmar Alliance (including ActionAid, BBC Media Action, the Myanmar Environmental Institute, World Vision, UNHabitat, and Plan) will support community resilience building in 155 target communities in 8 Townships.
The BRACED Alliance Myanmar Project has adopted a unique model of policy, action and media outreach ‐ a diverse collaboration amongst local and international partners on combining disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, environmental sustainability, community‐development, policy, gender, and livelihoods expertise ‐ to improve community and institutional understanding of climate risk, drive increased responsiveness, and promote scale‐up and replication of resilient practices in the face of climate extremes.
The Research Associate will support BRACED Alliance Myanmar in effective roll out its qualitative
results monitoring system, and contribute in other research related works. S/he will work under
overall supervision of BRACED Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and day to day collaboration with
BRACED Resilience Specialist.
• Support BRACED Alliance Myanmar partners to systemic roll out the qualitative results
monitoring strategies and tools developed by the BRACED Myanmar Project.
• Document and write up Most Significant Change stories focusing project results;
• Gather and entry qualitative and quantitative data;
• Support in data analysis and drafting reports;
• Maintain photo repositories for the project;
• Perform any required supports to BRACED Alliance Coordination Unit.
• Implementing partners adopt the BRACED Myanmar Qualitative Results Monitoring and
Reporting strategies and tools
• Database updated with qualitative and quantitative data collected with implementing partners
• Most Significant Change stories well documented and published
• Project photo repositories established and updated
• Project’s qualitative results report finalized
• Project’s research works receive adequate supports
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
• Passionate on research works
• Active learner
• Strong commitment to perform tasks in innovative manner
• Can translate written documents from Myanmar to English and vice versa
• Proficient in computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Passionate on photography and social media communication
• Willingness to travel at remote project locations
• Share knowledge and experience in effective ways
• knowledge/skills on handling statistical database and software – desired.
Fresh university graduates are highly encouraged to apply! Previous (formal) job experience is not
mandatory for this position!
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a
motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 2 referees via E‐mail only to:
Myanmar.CO@plan‐international.org by 31 March 2016, 5:00 PM Yangon Time
For technical queries and clarification related to this assignment, please write to:
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child
related offences in conformity with Plan International's Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The selected candidate should be able to join the assignment within 4 weeks times once contract is signed.