Position: Research Associate
Assignment duration: Initially 6 Months (possibility of extension on satisfactory
Closing date for applications: 4 September 2016, 5:00 PM
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duty station: Yangon, with frequent project sites visit (around 30% travel)
As a part of its global BRACED Programme, DFID has awarded a three year grant (2015-2017) to implement the BRACED programme in Myanmar to an alliance led by the Plan International.
Under this programme, the BRACED Myanmar Alliance (including ActionAid, BBC Media Action, the Myanmar
Environmental Institute, World Vision, UNHabitat, and Plan) will support community resilience building in 155 target communities in 8 Townships. The BRACED Alliance Myanmar Project has adopted a unique model of policy, action and media outreach - a diverse collaboration amongst local and international partners on combining disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, environmental sustainability, community-development, policy, gender, and livelihoods expertise - to improve community and institutional understanding of climate risk, drive increased responsiveness, and promote scale-up and replication of resilient practices in the face of climate extremes.
The Research and Database Associate will support BRACED Alliance Myanmar in effective rollout of its research and M&E plan through collecting and analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data. S/he will work under overall supervision of BRACED Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and close collaboration with BRACED Resilience Specialist and implementing partners’ M&E officers/field staff.
• Support in managing BRACED Myanmar beneficiary database – which includes gathering
data from implementing partners, assuring data quality, entering into database and
generating synthesis reports.
• Support in data visualization both in web-based and reports.
• Assist BRACED Alliance Myanmar partners to systemic roll out its results monitoring tools
and Most Significant Change Techniques.
• Become part of BRACED Myanmar’s researches and assist in collecting and analyzing data.
• Document and write up Most Significant Change stories focusing project results.
• Maintain photo repositories for the project.
• Support in organizing field visits for donors, researchers and evaluators.
• Plan and conduct project monitoring field visits in collaboration with implementing
partners’ M&E/field staff.
• Perform any required supports to BRACED Alliance Coordination Unit.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in information management,
computer science, database, environment science, or any other relevant disciplines
• Passionate on research works
• Active learner
• Good working skills on MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access and SPSS
• Can translate written documents from Myanmar to English and vice versa
• Passionate on photography and social media communication
• Willingness to travel at remote project locations
• Share knowledge and experience in effective ways
Fresh university graduates are highly encouraged to apply! Previous (formal) job experience is not
mandatory for this position!
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a
motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 2 referees via E-mail only to:
Myanmar.CO@plan-international.org by 4th September 2016, 5:00 PM Yangon Time
For technical queries and clarification related to this assignment, please write to:
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child
related offences in conformity with Plan International's Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.