Plan International's vision is of a world in which all children realise their full potential, in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. This review outlines our work to achieve that vision in 2014.
Early childhood care and development
We invested €98,114,000 in early childhood care and development.
- 289,437 professional and volunteer health workers trained
- 10,758 health and ECCD centres constructed or improved
Disaster risk management
We invested €91,214,000 in disaster work.
- 44 disaster response programmes carried out
- 40 countries mounted child protection in emergencies interventions
We invested €82,753,000 in education.
- 104,231 professional and volunteer education workers trained
- 2,454 schools constructed or rehabilitated
We invested €65,440,000 in child participation.
- 74% of Plan programme countries ran birth registration projects
- 48 Plan countries supported youth groups and organisations
We invested €51,076,000 in economic security.
- 135,762 people trained in business and vocational skills
- 64,280 local savings groups supported, reaching 1,142,720 members
Water and sanitation
We invested €42,435,000 in water and sanitation.
- 835,207 households supported to improve their sanitation facilities
- 4,112 water points constructed or improved
We invested €39,051,000 in child protection.
- 58,008 members of staff of partner organisations trained
- 214,747 community members trained
Sexual and reproductive health
We invested €21,249,000 in sexual and reproductive health.
- 32 countries run HIV/Aids prevention and care programmes
- 72% of programme countries supported sex and life-skills education