The TweetChat, co-hosted by Plan International EU Office, World Vision EU office, IPPF EN, European Women’s Lobby, ONE Brussels, UN Women’s EU office, European Parliamentary Forum on Population & Development (EPF), European Youth Forum, DSW (Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerung), and featuring the European Commission's Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development as participant, will cover a range of issues dealing with girls’ and women’s empowerment and gender equality, from the position of girls and women in the SDGs, the situation of women in crisis and humanitarian disasters, to the value of education for girls and young women, women’s access to essential health services and rights, and the role of the European Union in promoting and advocating for gender equality in Europe and the wider world - You can follow and join the conversation by using the hashtag #IWDchat.
HOW TO JOIN
Use the hashtag #IWDchat to share ideas, spark discussion, and engage participants about how we can make sure that we achieve gender equality and that girls and women the world over are empowered to achieve their full potential!
Simply follow the steps below to participate in the conversation:
• You need to have a Twitter account to participate in the #IWDchat. If you don’t already have one, you can set one up at www.twitter.com
• Use the hashtag #IWDchat to ensure any messages posted feature in the #IWDchat stream.
• Search #IWDchat to see who is participating and familiarise yourself with the conversation taking place
• Pose questions directly to the participants by including their twitter handles in your Tweet (see list of handles below)
• Retweet and reply to relevant Tweets posted by others during the #IWDchat
We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY
International Women's Day (8 March) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women and girls. This year under the title “Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality”, the day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.