Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organisation working for equality for girls and better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. We strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries
Plan International engages people and partners to:
- Empower children, young people and communities to make vital changes that tackle the root causes of discrimination against girls, exclusion and vulnerability;
- Drive change in practice and policy at local, national and global levels through our reach, experience and knowledge of the realities children face;
- Work with children and communities to prepare for and respond to crises and to overcome adversity;
- Support the safe and successful progression of children from birth to adulthood.
In view of the reduced resources from traditional institutional donors and increasing opportunities for local fundraising in the Americas, the role of Head of Business Development is critical to the Region to ensure stable, solid and sustained growth in local funding.
The Head of Business Development will be responsible to work with the Sub-Regional Directors and closely liaise with offices in the 11 countries within South America, and Central America & the Caribbean. The head of BD will build on the existing experience and trigger innovation by at least 25% funding from local income by 2020 in the region. This position supervises the Resources Mobilization Coordinator.
- Analysis of local fundraising landscape & opportunities in the (sub) region(s): Source new local donor segments. Build relationships with profit and non-profit organizations that have demonstrated interest in social programs. Identify funding opportunities with a focus on multi-country funding.
- Build on existing success and New Businesses: Support the resource mobilisation strategies within the countries in the Region of the Americas through analysis of local contexts, identifying key opportunities for multi-country and single-country funding, addressing challenges, and ensuring a strategic fund raising approach.
- Working with country teams towards building a portfolio of suitably, long-term local fundraising. Accurate analysis of costs for fundraising and return on investment to inform solid decision-making.
- Internal alignment and metrics: Support the country offices in the sub-region in alignment with the Regional Resource Mobilization Strategy and global reporting systems. Keep track and measure progress against targets and standardized metrics. Consolidate results for the (sub) region.
- Capacity building: Sharing innovative strategies to promote local fundraising within the countries. Analyze experiences from other countries and other organizations. Strengthen knowledge about digital marketing and the use of technology for fundraising purpose.
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Child Protection Policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.