What is the target area of implementation?
The target area of implementation is Langata Sub County in Nairobi County, Lamu, Taita Taveta and Kilifi Counties in the Coast region.
What is the target age group to be reached?
Index child = 0-18 years, and the household members of varied age bracket.
What is the Target Number of beneficiaries?
The project aims at serving a total of 187,035 OVC and 92,990 households over the Life of the project.
What is the area of support to the beneficiaries?
Nilinde’s core services include:
- Psychosocial Support
- Household Economic Strengthening
- Social Protection
- Health & Nutrition
- Child Protection & Gender Based Violence
- Legal Protection
What is the Timeline of implementation?
Implementation timeline for the project is August 24, 2015 to August 23, 2020.
Implementation timeline for this RFA is 24 months; October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2018.
What are the budget guidelines and limit?
The budget range is between Kes 1,886,100 and Kes 7,545,766 as highlighted on page 9 of the RFA document. For the guidelines, use the grant application budget template (annex B) and the ratio of administrative expenses (including salaries and office related costs) should not exceed 30% of the total budget.
What is the proposal format?
This has been provided in the RFA document issued on June 10th, 2016.
Are there other required supportive documents to be attached with the proposal?
The following documents are to be attached as supportive documents to be attached to the proposal.
- A valid registration certificate
- A tax verification certificate
- A copy of their latest audited financial statements
- Budget and budget narrative – Annex B
- Cost share contribution included in the budget.
- Curriculum vitaes of key personnel
- Required certifications duly signed by an authorized agent of the organization – Annex C
- Grantee Self-Assessment Form
- Environmental Review Form – Attachment F
NB: Annex H – Application Checklist issued with the RFA document provides a checklist of all the documents to be submitted with the application. Click here for the RFA documents.