Provide Leadership to Project management and coordination
- Manage the overall delivery of the project making sure project plans are on course, deliverables are on time and of good quality.
- Coordinate relationships between PLAN USA, relevant Ministry of Health Department and other stakeholders and partners in all issues pertaining to the implementation of the project.
- Facilitate the process of tax exemption and clearance of the medical equipment, including acquisition of signatures of Cargo Shipping Approval/Release of Liabilities documents with the beneficiary Health Facilities and Clearing with Uganda National Drugs Authority.
- Manage the project costs ensuring value for money, effective budget management and proper accountability of project funds in line with donor requirements and Plan international accounting standards.
- Facilitate the branding of equipment and media visibility during the handing-over of the consignments to beneficiary health facilities and ensure overall project visibility.
- Manage the project risks, through effective Planning, documentation, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure Plan International’s child protection policy and guidelines are adhered to in project implementation.
- Execute the Planning function of the project, making sure there are periodic project plans that are realistic and costed to guide project implementation and monitoring.
- Preparation of the annual budget for the project and carrying out regular budget review.
- Plan for quarterly review meetings on the process of the project, project reporting and documentation and ensure action learning is on-going.
- Coordinate with local government to ensure that the project deliveries are incorporated in the respective district annual plans.
- Coordinate with the CO ensure that the projects activities are integrated to the best extent possible in Plan Uganda Country Strategic Plan and are aligned to child centred community development programming.
- Ensure project planning with partners and key stakeholders in order to coordinate efforts.
- Overall responsibility for achievement of the annual plans and CSP targets and objectives under each strategic technical area.
- Ensure effective application of CCCD standards as Plan’s human rights-based approach.
- Oversee implementation schedules as per the approved annual plans, and make adjustments as needed.
Project Monitoring, Documentation and Reporting
- Manage the project Monitoring and Evaluation function ensuring proper documentation, timely delivery of M&E outputs, learning and sharing.
- Manage the project reporting function through delivery of good quality timely reports in line with donor requirements.
- Support systematic field monitoring, documentation and follow up of the utilisation of the medial equipment with the respective health facilities.
- On a monthly and quarterly basis complete project monitoring tools and databases including the progress logs in SAP and take corrective actions as appropriate.
- Contribute to Plan Uganda’s Program Quality Enhancement efforts by implementing actions relevant to the project.
Grants and Local Resource Mobilisation
- Work with PLAN USA to look into opportunities for scaling up the project beyond the current arrangement and any other long term project funding and programme opportunities in Northern Uganda.
- Take an active role in the Country Office resource mobilisation activities especially drafting of concept papers and grant proposals in line with CSP and funding priorities and opportunities for Northern Uganda.
- Provide leadership and support for local resource mobilisation initiatives to communities and development partners in Northern Uganda.
Partnership management for local government and selected CSOs
- Provide leadership in establishment of mutual partnership with the Local Government leadership, district departmental heads, including district Health Teams and other development partners in Northern Uganda.
- Maintain good relations, planning and coordination between Plan and other development partners in the districts.
- Actively participate in district and partner meeting and explore opportunities for collaboration and networking.
Qualifications and person specification
- Degree in a relevant developmental discipline such as Public Health, Economics Development studies
- Relevant working experience of not less than 5 years, 3 of which must be in a NGO or relevant private sector organisation.
- Post graduate certificate in project management will be an added advantage
- Strong knowledge in project planning and management
- A strong awareness of current issues in the field of health and development.
- Knowledge on budget development and management
- Grants Management
- Good Coordination and networking skill
- Partnership management
- Excellent communication skills
- Information management skills
- Financial and programme literacy
- Proficiency with business software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and Self-driven
- Ability to provide guidance and direction on matters related to projects
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with the teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Attention to detail.
- Honest, ethical and pleasant manner with positive, can-do attitude.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit electronic copies (of not more than 2MB) of letters of application, and a detailed CV. Contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of 3 references plus salary history should be included and sent to the undersigned not later than 29 October, 2015.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us by 29 December, 2015.
The Country Human Resources Manager,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job position in the subject line.
Please note that the position is open to Ugandan nationals only.