From March 2011, In Collaboration with partners in Yunnan Province, Plan International China has successfully implemented many projects which were focusing on Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD), Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and Child Protection with Child Centred Community Development approach in 11 counties in Yunnan Province.
Plan International China is going to carry out a three-year project of “Strengthening reporting and referral mechanisms for vulnerable children in Yunnan” which will cover Kunming and Wenshan Prefecture of Yunnan Province. Now we are looking for a program officer to manage and implement this project. The program officer will directly report to Program Team Leader of Yunnan Program Unit, meanwhile, he/she will be also supported and supervised by Program Manager of Yunnan Program Unit.
With the support from Program Unit Manager and Program Team Leader of Yunnan Program Unit and country program team, to carry out the following:
- Daily program management of “Strengthening reporting and referral mechanisms for vulnerable children in Yunnan”;
- Work with project partners to prepare detailed implementation plan for proposed activities and ensure timely implementation;
- Prepare progress reports in a timely manner based on donor requirements and Plan International China requirements;
- Built and maintain a good working relationship with partners at all levels;
- Monitoring project implementation: closely monitor project implementation according to project proposal;
- provide immediate support to challenges or problems identified during the field visits;
- Keep a good project records to ensure project has a proper documentation;
- Proper management of financial recourses: ensure financial recourses are utilized properly as planned and in line with Plan financial management guidelines as well as donor regulations;
- Ensure timely adjustment of budget based on actual spending and project progress;
- Participate in fund-raising work in Yunnan, including the development of Program/project proposal;
- Complete any other tasks given by the organization and/or the supervisor.
Competencies and Qualities
- College Degree or above;
- At least 3 years’ experience on program management. Preference to having experiences on health, ECCD, child protection and disaster risks reduction;
- Experience of communication with different government departments in all levels and with various partner organizations;
- High level of negotiation and leadership skills;
- High level of training and presentation skills;
- Familiar with child development issues of Ethnic Minority Groups in Yunnan;
- Committed to Child Rights and having adequate knowledge;
- Ability and willingness to travel often in the county level;
- Demonstrated dedication to helping children and families in need；
- Have a good sense of support and be capable of overall managing time and resources;
- Have Chinese and English proficiency in reading, writing and translation.
Plan offers an exciting career in civil society development, particularly focusing on child centered community development and the opportunity to significantly contribute to poverty alleviation in China’s rural areas. Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Plan International China is committed to actively safeguard children and young people (under the age of 18 years of age) from harm and ensuring children’s rights to protection are fully realised. We take seriously our responsibility to promote child safe practices and protect children from harm, abuse, neglect and exploitation in any form. Please note that all applicants for employment (either paid or unpaid) with Plan International China are required to provide a declaration of their criminal history and employment disciplinary history.
Interested persons are requested to submit their applications IN BOTH ENGLISH & CHINESE LANGUAGES containing a letter of application and their curriculum vitae/bio data to the following email before January 24th, 2016:
Human Resources Department
Plan International China
7/F. Qin Dian International Building
396, East Nan’erhuan
Xi’an, 710061, Shaanxi
E-mail address: [email protected]
About Plan International in China
Plan is a child-centred international humanitarian development organisation without any religious, political or governmental affiliation.
Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children's development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote children's rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan's vision is of a world in which all children realise their full potential, in societies that respect people's rights and dignity.
In 1995, Plan started its operation in China, and established strategic partnerships with the Shaanxi Women’s Federation in1999. Subsequently, Plan International China established its new partnership with the Foreign Affairs Office of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, Yunnan Provincial Education Foundation and Women Federation of Yunnan Province.
Currently, Plan International China implements its programmes in many provinces, cities and autonomous regions, including Shaanxi, Ningxia and Yunnan. In its programme areas Plan International China works in a variety of fields, including child protection, early childhood care and development, and disaster risk management.
Plan International China's Country Goal is to help girls and boys from disadvantaged communities in China, including those who are particularly marginalised, to live in a society that respects their rights to survival, care, development, freedom from violence, and safety, enabling them to fulfill their potential and meaningfully participate in society. To achieve this goal, Plan International China will provide capacity building programmes for children and their families, strengthen cooperation with other civil society organisations and government departments, conduct capacity building for relevant partners and carry out advocacy, and work together with partners at all levels to promote children's rights and end child poverty.