Overall purpose of the traineeship:
To support the funding and programmatic advocacy work of Plan International EU Office, both in relation to DEVCO and ECHO, by sharing information and supporting coordination among Plan International Offices on EU funding related issues and raising Plan International’s profile and visibility towards the EU institutions.
Responsible for: Supporting the implementation of the DEVCO and ECHO work plans
Reporting to: EuropeAid Partnership Manager
Duration: 6 months (16 August 2016 – 15 February 2017)
Based in: Brussels, Plan International EU Office
Status: Full-time (5 days per week)
Monthly allowance: 751 euros net/month
Deadline for application: Friday, 27 May 2016
Interviews: Thursday 9 and Friday 10 June, 2016 (in Brussels)
General Description of Tasks and responsibilities:
80% to be dedicated on DEVCO related issues and 20% on ECHO.
Under the supervision of the EuropeAid Partnership Manager, in close collaboration with the EU Funding Officer and the ECHO Partnership Manager:
1) Identify relevant EU Funding opportunities (DEVCO and ECHO), review and analyse results and share relevant information with Plan International entities:
- Monitor on a daily basis DEVCO and ECHO funding opportunities at global and country level;
- Analyse EC’s Annual Action Plans for thematic and geographic programmes;
- Disseminate information about upcoming funding opportunities to relevant Plan International’s National and Country Offices;
- Assist in the follow-up of information requested to/from Plan International’s Country and National Offices regarding EC funding issues;
- Support the EU Funding Officer in the consolidation and monitoring of the grants database;
- Review and analyse Plan International’s results regarding EC funding;
- Write articles for the monthly Plan International EU grants updates;
- Maintain Plan International’s Intranet and server updated;
- Maintain an up-to-date contact database of relevant focal points and staff within Plan International.
2) Support the development of internal processes and tools at grants acquisition and implementation stages:
- Support the elaboration of tools for internal coordination, information sharing and quality control of project proposals submitted to the EC;
- Support the revision of project proposals submitted by Plan International offices to the EC;
- Support the drafting of briefing notes on EC compliance for Plan International’s Country Offices.
3) Support the EU Funding Officer in the preparation of internal meetings and trainings around EC grants:
- Support the organisation of the Annual EC Grants meeting with representatives from Plan International’s National, Country and Regional offices;
- Support the organisation of trainings/start-up workshops and ensure the coordination with Plan International’s Country or Regional Offices as required;
- Support the preparation of online courses and webinars;
- Support the development of training packages.
4) Support the EU Funding team with outreach and networking:
- Represent Plan International at meetings with the European Institutions as well as within civil society networks;
- Support Plan International staff when visiting the Brussels office for EC grants and advocacy reasons.
5) Support the Plan International EU Office with other tasks as needed
- Support the office with administration (e.g., invoices, logistics of meetings, minutes).
Skill Requirements for the Traineeship
- A university degree or equivalent experience in human rights, political science, international development or any other specific field relevant to Plan International’s work;
- A good understanding of the functioning of the European Union, development policy and humanitarian work, particularly relating to child rights and gender equality;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Team spirit and willingness to work in a multicultural team;
- Able to communicate effectively and to collaborate with colleagues in all the regions where Plan International works;
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to work to a high standard, manage stress while prioritising multiple tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Fully computer-literate: skilled and confident user of office applications, especially MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Have a valid work permit for Belgium.
- Working level of spoken and written French and/or Spanish;
- Previous experience in a related field (EU institutions, NGOs, etc);
- Strong affinity for working with figures and statistics.
How to apply:
If you meet the skills requirements above and are interested in applying for this traineeship, please send your CV (no europass) and cover letter to email@example.com with “Application: EU Funding Traineeship” in the subject. Deadline for applications is 27 May 2016 at 12.00 CET. Interviews will take place on June 9 and 10. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan International is an independant child rights and humanitarian organisation working in 71 countries worldwide. Plan International EU Office in Brussels works to ensure that the promotion and protection of children’s rights, with a focus on girls, is a priority in the EU’s external action.
For more information about our work, go to https://plan-international.org/eu .