Plan is a leading international children's development organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation, our vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Child Centered Community Development (CCCD) is Plan's Child Rights approach in which children, families and communities are active and leading participants in their own development.
Working in 72 countries across the world, Plan's stated Global Strategic Goal (2011-15) is to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalized, with high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits. Plan aims to achieve this goal by working in partnership with others and through high performing teams whose behaviors reflect the corporate values. Plan is committed to realizing child rights and is obligated to provide children with whom it works a safe and conducive environment.
Plan has been operating in Ethiopia since 1995, and currently operates in five regions of the country with a range of multi-sectoral development and humanitarian programmes.
About the Position:
ECCD Coordinator is very critical position within Plan International Ethiopia that directly reports to the National ECCD Coordinator.
ECCD Coordinator will implement the ECCD component of the education CP at the PA level and support and linkages to the Education program. The post holder is responsible for the delivery of results in line with pre agreed program plans and objectives and oversees program implementation at all stages throughout the project cycle.
We seek a person with a strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to help us further Plan-International mission in Ethiopia program.
- Ensure the technical soundness, appropriateness and general quality in project design and planning
- Provide leadership into the project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; assess the outputs, outcomes and impact of program interventions and activities in the program area.
- Oversee project implementation
- Prepare and develop in consultation with appropriate stakeholders annual work plans and project plans.
- Under the National ECCD Coordinator contribute to the development of concept notes and proposals.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of financial resources, including review and check project budgets, monitoring expenditures, and implementing cost control measures.
- Ensure M&E and learning in close collaboration with the M&E team.
- Ensure quality and timely reporting and documenting of project activities including preparation of quarterly/yearly program progress reports;
- Ensure the mainstreaming of CP, Inclusion and DRR in your program area.
- Provide timely coordination and guidance in the delivery of ECCD in emergencies programs
- Support and contribute to the success of the overall education CP.
- Serve as a principal representative to regional ECCD thematic networks and clusters to promote effective program implementation, to create collaborative and positive partnerships and alliances, and to influence policy that maximizes the impact of the country program.
- Establish links and good relationships with relevant government authorities, NGOs, academic and research institutions and the media, in the area of ECCD to draw information and knowledge for program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Makes follow up and proper documentation of regional government policies, strategies and plans with respect to education.
- Periodically collect information on information about other organizations working within the region to gain institution knowledge of the environment.
- In support of the regional manager, manage the partnership in a holistic and reciprocal manner.
- Make it their business to know about other organization in the region.
- Seeks opportunities for different kinds of partnership for enhanced quality program implementation.
- Provide support to partner staff, coaching for results and support to the ECCD thematic area team as well as in their individual development and performance management.
- Facilitates communication and interaction between partners/collaborators and Program Area finance team.
- Bachelors Degree in Education, Psychology or related fields with at least 5 years relevant experience of which at least two years experience with NGOs.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of ECCD and Education projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation
- Strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills.
- Numeracy and the ability to interpret financial data, in order to understand budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate options including planning skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications
- Responsible and energetic.
- A committed, supportive team player.
- Mature and trustworthy.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Willingness to travel and spend time in the field.
- Ability to work in a sensitive manner with people from all cultural backgrounds.
- Ethiopian nationality
Salary and Benefits:
Plan offers a very competitive salary and benefits package to its employees The post in on a fixed term contract until December 31, 2017, salary will be in the range of 14,684.00 – 20,394.00 ETB plus a very attractive benefits including Monthly Transportation Allowance, Monthly Pension & PF Contribution of 15% of basic salary, Annual Medical Allowance, Mobile Phone Card allowance, 24 hours GPA Insurance etc. Plan also provides a number of capacity development opportunities to its employees including Talent Management Programme.
How to Apply:The closing date for the applications is 6th October 2015. Please use the subject: ECCD Coordinator in your application, attaching your CV, a letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this job, non-returnable copies of all the supporting documents, your current and expected salary, your contact details including phone and emails and contact details (both email and phone) of two referees who know you professionally. Please note that one of the referees must be your current/most recent line manager. The complete application should be sent to: [email protected]
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. This position is open only for Ethiopian National with suitable skills and experiences. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the national community. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Child Protection Policy: References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out for the successful candidate in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy.