Plan International EU Office is looking for a consultant to carry out a scoping exercise within the framework of the EU Aid Volunteers Initiative and develop a programming strategy about it.
Start date & duration of the assignment:
Starting as soon as possible for 2 months maximum.
- An outline of the methodology to use for the assignment, spelling out key stakeholders to engage with, tools to be used and detailed activity timeframe.
- A document summarizing the findings of the scoping exercise conducted about the Initiative, providing relevant information on it, interpreting analytically the findings and assessing the relevance of the Initiative for Plan International.
- A strategy note with recommendations outlining how to pursue the Initiative, taking into consideration Plan International’s frameworks of reference, key stakeholders, strategies and targets.
- A draft concept package including a narrative document and a logical framework matrix, reflecting references and requirements of the Initiative’s calls for proposals, roles and ambitions of Plan International’ relevant stakeholders, as well as recommended thematic and geographical scope of work and needed resources.
- Higher education in International Relations, Social Sciences, Development Studies or any other discipline relevant to the assignment.
- Sound knowledge of EC funding schemes, references and tools, with direct experience in ECHO granting.
- Proven experience in Programming/Project Cycle Management.
- Experience in similar assignments preferred, including knowledge/exposure to the EU Aid Volunteers Initiative.
- Previous experience with Plan International preferred.
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently, in a flexible manner and under pressure and deadlines.
- Availability to travel as required.
How to apply:
Please send your expression of interest including Curriculum Vitae and copies of materials from previous relevant assignments to Tanja.Berretta@plan-international.org by 12th October 2015.