Plan International Myanmar is seeking a Humanitarian Project Manager (WASH) to join our team in Sittwe, Rakhine state. They will be To be responsible and accountable for the day‐to‐day operation related to the WASH‐ Emergency projects.
Job Title: Humanitarian Project Manager (WASH)
Reports to: Humanitarian Program Unit Manager ( Sittwe)
Location: Humanitarian Program Unit ‐ Sittwe
Assignment Duration: 6 months
Closing date for applications: 31st March 2016
Job purpose: The WASH Project Manager will be expected, with consistent support from WASH programme Manager and Humanitarian Program Unit Manager, to lead on implementation of WASH emergency projects, coordination with stakeholders and WASH team management at the Program Unit (field) level. In addition, she/he will oversee the monitoring of WASH activities and ensure information is available and organized to assist with donor reporting. A key priority of this role is to work day to day with the WASH team both of Plan International and implementing partner(s) in WASH and related infrastructure, building their capacity in technical and programme management skills, with the aim of transferring this capacity to the WASH field teams.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Citizen of Myanmar
- Extensive experience (minimal 3 years) of WASH project management in humanitarian or fragile state contexts
- Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in Public Health, Water Engineering, or a related subject, or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of managing a WASH team and/or infrastructure team
- Experience of remote managing project in complex settings
- Proven capacity to supervise, and coach staff in WASH technical skills and project management
- Experience of, and commitment to, working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Ability to write clear and well‐argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent understanding of the Monitoring and Evaluation processes and methodologies ‐ with specific technical trainings in these areas.
- Proven ability to represent the organization to donors and other stakeholders
- Familiarity with key international standards for humanitarian work (e.g. SPHERE, INEE etc).
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
- Good English language and computer skills. ‐ Strong team‐building and facilitation skills ‐ Good English and Myanmar language is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to remote and conflict affected areas
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a cover letter, a
comprehensive CV and details of at least 2 referees via E‐mail to: Myanmar.CO@plan‐international.org by or
before 31st March 2016.
Subject line: Application for WASH Project Manager
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child
related offences in conformity with Plan International's Child Protection Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Plan International is an equal opportunity employer