There is a special focus on girls and, increasingly, on children with disabilities. Programs include ECCD, WASH, Youth Empowerment, Child Protection, Safe Schools and Women’s and Girls’ Participation in Governance. At time of writing Plan is also preparing for El Nino drought mitigation and response.
The Deputy Country Director will lead the Program Department, ensuring the implementation of high quality Programs in line with the Plan’s Global Strategic Plans and the agreed plans for Timor-Leste. Alignment with Sponsorship locations and activities is very important. The DCD will also identify and develop potential future programs.
Plan International welcomes applications from women and people with disabilities. Candidates must be Timorese citizens or already have legal permits to live and work in Timor-Leste.
· Reports to the Country Director
· Directly supervises 6 national and 1 international Program Managers
· Oversight of all Program budgets and expenditure – $2-4m a year
· Maintains close links on grant funding with donors and Plan National Organizations in Europe, Australasia and North America
· Member of Country Management Team. May act as Country Director when the CD is absent
Skills, qualifications, experience
· 5-10 years experience in an international organization a major advantage
· Minimum three years experience as a manager essential
· Fluency in spoken and written English (report writing, proposal and concept paper writing, public presentations and speeches).essential
· Fluency in Tetun essential, fluency in Bahasa an advantage.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Project Cycle Management, log frames, results frameworks
· Demonstrated budget and financial management skills
· Practical knowledge of and experience in rights-based development approaches, Child Rights and Child Protection
· Understanding of main bodies of knowledge and key debates amongst development and emergency response practitioners and agencies
· Strong understanding of the situation of children and young people in Timor-Leste essential, including an appreciation of the historical, security, political, economic, social/religious and humanitarian contexts
· Strong understanding of compliance with donor requirements and of generally accepted good management practices
· Leadership and facilitation skills
· Demonstrated ability to develop effective advocacy for children
· Skilled with use of ICT and social media
· Comfortable working with people from different cultures
· Demonstrated networking skills within Timor-Leste and internationally
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES
Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 22 JANUARY 2016
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org