Plan International Myanmar is seeking a qualified Child Protection in Emergencies practitioner to provide technical support to the Project Manager and project team to ensure high quality child protection programming is integrated into Plan’s child-centred DRR approach.
Specifically, this includes strengthening the protective environment for children through risk mapping and mitigation through a child protection lense and ensuring that identified child protection cases are provided with the necessary support and referral services. He/She will be responsible for creating and maintaining positive relationships with different stakeholders including the representation of Plan International Myanmar at Child Protection Sub-Sector Meetings, the capacity building of child protection staff and ensuring programme quality. He/She will report to the Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist at Country Office. This is a full time position based in Sittwe with up to 70% of the time spent in the field.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· 2-5 years of experience in planning, implementing and evaluating Child Protection in Emergencies projects at the field level
· Proven experience in on-the-job training and capacity building around child protection specifically case management and community-based mechanisms
· Understanding of the protection concerns faced by children in protracted conflicts and early recovery settings
· Strong understanding of international humanitarian standards and principles – CPMS & SPHERE
· Strong experience and knowledge of the Do No Harm and conflict sensitivity approaches
· Capacity to facilitate trainings and workshops for communities and other stakeholders
· Experience in working and collaborating with different stakeholders
· Willingness to travel to remote areas and spend time in the field
· Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines
· Strong team-building and facilitation skills
Type of contract:
Consultancy – This position is a 6-month unaccompanied consultancy contract. Benefits include: travel to and from duty station, medical insurance, R&R every 16 weeks, 1.85 days of leave per month. Housing costs will be paid by the consultant and therefore salary expectations should be made with housing included. Average cost of housing is USD 700/month.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a cover letter, a comprehensive CV, details of at least 2 referees and salary expectations via E-mail to [email protected] by or before 3rd July 2016.
Subject line: Application for Child Protection in Emergencies (CPiE) Project Consultant, Sittwe, Rakhine State
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan International's Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Plan International is an equal opportunity employer.