We started working in Bolivia La Paz on 2 September 1969, and opened Field Offices in Sucre in 1978, in Santa Cruz in 1989 and in Tarija in 1991. In 1996, we established a Country Office to create strategic planning cycles and programmes to support children, adolescents and women in municipalities and rural communities. Today our programmes support 45, 000 children and adolescents in 1,120 communities in rural areas.
What are our principles and values?
- We always act in the best interests of children.
- We respect, protect and promote children and human rights.
- We believe in being ethical, honest and transparent.
- We are committed to empowering children and the most marginalised communities, as well as the staff involved with the organisation.
- We value teamwork and partnership.
- We are committed to effectiveness, sustainability and efficiency in our ways of working.
- We are accountable to all our partners and allies.
- We seek to learn and continuously improve.