Plan International helps young people to access the knowledge, skills and services necessary to secure productive, decent work, and to access financial services. We work to ensure the inclusion of those who are marginalized – especially adolescent girls – so that they can take act to improve their lives.
Plan International in Asia is committed to helping young people successfully transition into adulthoods by getting and keeping a good job. We provide capacity building and opportunities, foster an environment to promote social and economic development in their communities, and encourage the meaningful participation of all children and youth in the community. Our focus is on Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET), transferable life skills and work readiness.
- Bridge programs to help young people access formal skills building programs
- Life skills and work readiness that provide the foundation for transferable skills that are critical to keeping a job.
- Technical and vocational education that provide the hard skills training for success for on the job success
- Entrepreneurship training that helps young people start and grow their own business.
- Financial inclusion that links young people to vital credit schemes that accelerate business development
- Job placement in demand driven sectors of the economy that offer decent employment; and
- Alumni engagement
Youth Employment Solutions (YES!) is one of the fastest growing technical areas for Plan Internaional in Asia. With operations in 12 country offices in the region YES! has helped over 60,000 young people acquire the skills necessary to be job ready.
- Quality Programming: Increase the breadth (up-scaling) and depth (quality) of Youth Employment Solutions (YES!) Programs in Asia;
- Learning and Accountability: Concentrate on a multifunctional learning management system à validating organization results, holding Plan accountable and contributing to the global knowledge base;
- Advocacy and Mobilization: Enhance the enabling environment for youth employment à Plan International as a partner of choice for YES! progamming;
- ICT for Vocational Training (ICT4V): Applying ICT4V solutions to better tackle exclusion and connect marginalized youth to market-driven training; disseminate and promote best practices; streamline processes; and automate procedures.
ACHIEVEMENT IN NUMBERS
- 63,984 young people have completed the YES! Programs in 14 countries across Asia between 2013-2015. 44,149 of them are young girls.
- 10,526 young people in Indonesia and Bangladesh have secured decent work after completing the YES! Programs.
- 41,738 young people have enrolled in the YES! Programs in India, Nepal and Indonesia.