Assignment Type: Fixed term contract (One year)
Base: Makati City
Closing date for applications: October 31, 2016 at 5:00 PM
The Program Technical Manager has the thematic expertise in gender and leads all related technical business development and ensures implementation with frequent field deployment. S/he will be responsible for providing timely and on-going support to ensure technical soundness at all levels of the programme cycle across Plan International Philippines – from proposal development, start-up and implementation management, and monitoring and evaluation, as well as overall country programme strategy. S/he will influence decision-makers in Plan International such as program managers and country office staff on gender issues; and will closely coordinate with other departments as needed.
- Directly manage or support the implementation of the country gender program and individual projects within it
- Provide technical inputs from a children’s rights-based perspective throughout program implementation areas and project programming
- Conduct field visits and provide technical recommendations in close coordination with the relevant managers
- Build relationships and collaborate with partners at the national and regional levels to ensure knowledge sharing, learning and complementation of resources.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- University degree that is relevant to the role.
- Has a minimum of six years' work experience in development or humanitarian work in a technical capacity on gender
- Has relevant experience and training in rights-based approach to development, project proposal development, project management, humanitarian response, and training design.
- Has expert knowledge on resource mobilization, including proposal design, logical framework, and overall project cycle.
- Is highly knowledgeable and experienced in gender related aspects within disaster response and recovery, humanitarian context, and core humanitarian standards.
How to apply
To apply, please visit this link: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?company=PlanInt and enter the job ID: 14741.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates.
Our recruitment and selection policies and procedures ensure our commitment to gender equality and keeping children safe.