Position: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Project Officer
Assignment type: Fixed-term contract
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2016, at 5.00 pm, local time
Job background: Based in Stung Treng (50%) and Tboung Khmum (50%), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Project Officer will implement, monitor and coordinate water, sanitation and hygiene improvement projects in Stung Treng and Tboung Khmum Programme Units by working closely with partners NGOs, government partners and CBOs to ensure project quality, technical soundness and alignment with Plan International Cambodia’s strategies, approach and policies and procedures. S/he is also responsible for ensuring that all project activities and objectives are being implemented and achieved within allocated timeframe.
- Develop project annual/quarterly/monthly planning, budgeting with consultation WASH Specialist and Programme Unit Manager as well as Plan partners.
- Work with Country WASH Specialist to ensure consistency and coherence of the PU WASH programme planning & budgeting with the overall project & budget agreed by the donor.
- Develop monthly monitoring plans to cover all target villages and schools jointly with the PDRD, CCs, NGO partners, construction contractors and share the plans with WASH Specialist and PUM.
- Engage in implementing project activities using tested approaches such as Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) School and Community Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (SC-WASH) and Sanitation Marketing, through conduct planning, pre-triggering, triggering, post triggering follow-up, sale events, sanitation forum etc.
- Build up capacity to PDRD, NGO partner, schools, WASH suppliers CCs and suppliers on above relevant approaches.
- Work with Community Development Officers in the designated communes for applying Community Managed Project on WASH and ensuring communities and children to participate in the project activities.
- Coordinate with PDRD, NGO partner, CCs and Plan WASH Project Officer to ensure sufficient technical support providing to the programme implementation on the ground.
- Attend &/or participate in all relevant/invited provincial, district, commune, community.
- Share all WASH reports with the PUM and WASH Specialist after discussion with the school authorities.
- Weekly/monthly update the Project Manager of developments in your district /schools calendars or developments including work achievements.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and yearly progress reports, provide written impact stories and photos.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with commune councils, local community leaders, sanitation suppliers, schools, PDRD and PoEYS.
- Conduct regular project monitoring to PDRD, NGO partner, CCs, WASH construction contractors and ensure project implementation is on the right track and provide the appropriate recommendations/feedback.
- Keep up-to-date hard copies forms of monitoring progress at the ground.
- Assist commune councils, schools leaders and teachers to develop their own schedules for monitoring practices of using, improved latrines, hand washing with soap and drinking safe water.
- Actively participate in monthly team reflection with Plan WASH PO.
- Host field visits of donors & other WASH programme related visitors.
- Participate and coordinate the conduct of all reviews and evaluation including audits.
- Report the issues that arise during the course of implementation that can not be resolved at the community level to the WASH Specialist and PUM to advise solution.
Qualification, skills and experience: • At least High School qualification • University Degree in social science or rural development related field would be an asset • At least two year working experience in implementing WASH including CLTS, SC-WASH, BCC, HWTS, WASH facilities construction and other related fields along with experience working with children • Experience in working with partner organisations and government departments for implementation • Experience in capacity building and training for counterparts, and other stakeholders • Knowledge in WASH and community development • Knowledge ethnic minority languages • Knowledge about gender and child rights • Human rights, children rights & gender • Ability to work closely with staff, local partners, government structures and beneficiaries • Ability to work with people at different levels, independently, strong commitment and flexibility • Basic skills in using standard computer applications (Windows, Excel, Word and MS Outlook) • Ability to plan, monitor & evaluate programme • Ability to coordinate various people for programme implementation and monitoring • Ability to listen, speak & write good English • Proven technical expertise in WASH and related development sector.
How to apply: Interested candidate who meets the above requirement is required to fill up Plan Application Form (please download from this link) and email to HR.Cambodia@plan-international.org. Only applications that meet the qualifications will be considered.
“As an international child-centred development organisation, we do not tolerate child abuse”