Country Director, Fikru Abebe
Fikru Abebe is a highly self-motivated and committed development professional with experience in child development and community development. He has strong leadership skills spanning from strategic planning to resource mobilisation.
Fikru is passionate about realising the potential for self-development of children, youths and vulnerable groups, as well as implementing community integrated programmes to tackle poverty.
Before his appointment as Plan Uganda's Country Director, Fikru served in Plan South Sudan since February 2010 in the same capacity. He has a breadth of experience in programme development and management including community needs assessment, poverty assessment, programme design and evaluation.
Fikru also has hands-on experience in food security, micro-enterprise development and village level development planning.
Other members of the country management team
- Mattias Bryneson, Programme Support Manager
- Henry Aleko, Programme Operations Manager
- African Muhangi, Country Administration Manager
- Phoebe Kasoga, Resource Mobilisation Manager
- Elizabeth Amuge, Country Finance Manager
- Teddy Mbabazi, People and Culture Manager