7 value statements guide our work and relationships:
- We will always act in the best interests of the child.
- We respect child rights and human rights and we believe in everyone's innate and inalienable dignity as human beings regardless of age, gender, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, class, nationality, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
- We are ethical, honest, transparent, and place a high value on integrity.
- We create the conditions in our work, in our activities and in our organisation for personal empowerment, especially of children and the most marginalised.
- We acknowledge that we cannot solve problems of poverty alone but only through teamwork and mutual partnerships.
- We are accountable to all of our stakeholders in our communication, finances, performance measures, and results and strive for effectiveness, sustainability, and efficiency in everything we do. We adhere to recognised international standards.
- We strive for continuous learning and improvement. We listen to new ideas and encourage entrepreneurial activities, innovation, creativity, and change.